HollywoodbetsNamed after a famous horse racing track in Los Angeles, Hollywoodbets has been operating since 1986. Not too many people know that it started out as a small publishing company called Winning Form. They were the first South African sports betting website when launched in 2006. They currently operate in four countries. Namely South Africa, Mozambique, Ireland and the United Kingdom, which they’ve been operating in for a few years now. Since starting in the bookmaking industry in 2000, they’ve won multiple awards – local and international. They also have far-reaching social responsibility and community projects within South Africa.
- R25 no-deposit sign-up bonus.
- R50 betting voucher on every successful referral.
- No minimum deposit.
- No minimum betting amount.
- Regulated by six boards and agencies in South Africa.
- Offer multiple, easily accessible ways to retrieve your winnings.
- Many official partners, including La Liga and the Sharks rugby team.
- Mobile friendly, either on their website or the Hollywoodbets app.
- No live streaming feature.
- FICA documents need to be uploaded and verified before being able to withdraw winnings.
- R25 bonus only available for 24 hours after account creation and would need to be played and wagered in full before a withdrawal.
- The referral program requires the referred client to spend R75 before your R50 bonus is activated.
- No live chat option for customer service queries.
- No VIP or loyalty program.
Bet.co.zaBet.co.za started in South Africa after the 2010 Fifa World Cup. They’ve grown to become one of the most popular betting sites South Africa 2021 since then. They’re governed by the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board, so everything is legal and licensed. In accordance with regulations, they offer 128-bit security encryption, to keep your information safe.
- 100% sign-up bonus of up to R1000.
- A wide range of sports are covered, including international events.
- Live sports options to keep your finger on the pulse of major live events around the world.
- Mobile-friendly website.
- Live chat feature for customer support.
- An invitation only, exclusive VIP program.
- A focus that caters for South Africans only.
- No official bet.co.za app.
- 6x wagering requirement for sign-up bonus.
- R50 minimum deposit required for new players.
- R100 minimum withdrawal.
SupabetsStarting out in 2008, Supabets has a chain of well-known and established shops which offer sports betting. They have a good reputation in the gambling world and that has transferred into their online gaming portal as well. They’re licensed by the Mpumalanga Gambling Board.
- R50 sign-up bonus with low wagering requirements.
- First bet refund for new players when sports bets are placed from the main wallet using their own (not bonus) funds.
- Lucrative and ongoing promotions for current users.
- Easy FICA uploading through the self-service portal.
- Youtube videos that provide “how to” instructions on many features they offer.
- Up to R5,000,000 withdrawal.
- Reliable cash out system.
- An excellent mobile-friendly website that uses little data.
- Deposits aren’t instant and can take up to 24 hours.
- No Supabets app for Android or iOS.
- No live streams of events.
- Supabets VIP program requires big bets on events other than sports betting for qualification.
BetwayA global, gambling brand established in 2006, that has representation in South Africa as well. They’re also regulated by the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board. Betway offers many local South African banking options for deposits and withdrawals. They also have the Guinness Book of World Records award for paying out the single largest jackpot win in video slot history. They paid out an eye-watering prize of over 13 million GBP in October 2015.
- International representation.
- R25 sign-up bonus for new players.
- Betway app for mobile devices.
- Betway is eCOGRA (eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance) certified.
- Multiple ongoing promotions at any given time.
- Offer a “data-free” option for mobile device use.
- Electronic funds transfers take one to three days.
- Desktop website isn’t very user-friendly.
- Even though they’re international, you’ll still need to verify FICA documents in South Africa.
SunBetSunBet is part of the world-famous Sun International group. This South African brand is renowned for its premium gaming and pleasure resorts, controlling the majority of gaming at the southern tip of Africa. Now they’ve made a move to dominate the online gaming industry as well.
- Gaming heritage that is well-known in South African culture.
- Massive variety of sporting events to choose from.
- Various ongoing sport-specific promotions.
- Live chat feature and 24/7/365 telephone support.
- Various South African payment and withdrawal options.
- No SunBet app available for mobile devices.
- Internet browsing on mobile devices is clunky at times.
- No sign-up or registration bonus available.
- FICA requirements.